College & Research Libraries IG
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2011. Last retrieved on 05/23/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Web Scale Discovery and the Open Discovery Initiative
- "The Evolving Challenges of E-Resource Preservation," a meeting presented by the ALCTS Continuing Resources Section College & Research Libraries Interest Group
- "Discontinuing Big Deal Publisher Packages: Perspectives and Processes," a meeting presented by the ALCTS Continuing Resources Section College & Research Libraries Interest Group
- ALCTS CRS - College and Research Libraries Interest ALA Annual Conference 2011 Presentations
- ALCTS CRS - College and Research Libraries Interest Group Mid-Winter 2011 Presentations
- ALCTS Continuing Resources Section College & Research Libraries Interest Group Winter Meeting and Program Announcement
- ALA Annual 2010 Program, ALCTS CRS C&RL IG
- ALA Annual 2010 Program Announcement
- ALCTS CRS College & Research Libraries Interest Group has new Chair-Elect
- ALA Midwinter 2011 Presentation Proposals, ALCTS Continuing Resources Section College & Research Libraries IG
The ALCTS CRS College & Research Libraries Interest Group consists of a membership whose number varies from year to year (2010 membership is around 80 members) and two officers (Chair and Chair-Elect). The Chair-Elect may either be elected by the membership at large or appointed by the outgoing Chair. Each officer serves a one year term. The Chair and Chair-Elect will request a volunteer secretary to take minutes at each meeting, starting at ALA Annual 2010.
This group was known as the Continuing Resources Discussion Group until 2008, at which time the Chair petitioned for the group to be changed to an interest group, and the group was requested to have a focus on academic and research libraries.
ALCTS values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve as chair of the College & Research Libraries Interest Group. The co-chair is ideally someone who is an ALCTS member (or would like to become one) and would be willing to attend both the upcoming Midwinter Meeting and Annual Conference, as well as spend time twice per year planning and organizing panel sessions. Everyone with an interest is welcome to attend meetings.