Access to Continuing Resources IG
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2010. Last retrieved on 05/22/2013. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Access to Continuing Resources Interest Group
- CANCELLED Access to Continuing Resources Interest Group
- ALCTS Access to Continuing Resources Interest Group: The Age of Discovery: Understanding Discovery Services, Federated Search, and Web Scale, Sunday, June 26, 2011, 4:00-5:30 pm, Hilton Riverside, Grand Salon C
- ALA Annual 2011 Panel Presentation: The Age of Discovery
- Continuing Resources Interest Group Midwinter 2011 Panel
- ALA 2010 Annual: Re-thinking library business model for licensed digital contents under mobile and cloud computing
- ALA 2010 Annual Panel Topic: Re-thinking library business model for licensed digital contents under mobile and cloud computing
- Name change from Journal Costs in Libraries and from Costs of Continuing Resources in Libraries
- ALA Midwinter 2010 ALCTS CRS Costs of Continuing Resources in Libraries Interest Group
- ALCTS CRS 2010 Midwinter Topic
The Access to Continuing Resources Interest Group consists of a chair and a co-chair drawn from the membership at large, serving two-year terms. The person serving as co-chair in the first year will become chair in the second year.
Established in 2006 or earlier, the Journal Costs in Libraries Interest Group, later changed to Costs of Continuing Resources in Libraries Interest Group, was originally charged with “to keep the issue of escalating journal cost in the forefront of discussion; to encourage collaborative partnerships between librarians, publishers, and subscription agents that will foster the evolution of journal publications; and to ensure open forums that will provide productive avenues of communication and education within the diverse serials community to ensure equitable access to journals.” In January 2010, its name was changed to "Access to Continuing Resources Interest Group," with the current charge.
ALCTS values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve as chair of the Access to Continuing Resources Interest Group. The co-chair is ideally someone who is an ALCTS member (or would like to become one) and would be willing to attend both the upcoming Midwinter Meeting and Annual Conference, as well as spend time twice per year planning and organizing panel sessions. Everyone with an interest is welcome to attend meetings.