Committee on Holdings Information
To address and study matters related to holdings information for all formats, with special attention to standards, use and functionality in the exchange and use of holdings information in and among systems. Interests include the application of holdings information wherever it appears, including in local catalogs, group catalogs, union catalogs, and knowledge bases. The committee will collaborate with ALA and ALCTS committees with related interests.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Holdings Information Forum
- Linked Data for Holdings and Cataloging: Interactive Session
- All Committee Meeting and Executive Committee Meeting (ALCTS CRS)
- Holdings Information Forum: Quality Standards in Batch Records and Adventures in Cooperative Cataloging: Many Hands Make Light Work
- All Committee and Executive Committee Meeting (ALCTS CRS)
- Discovering and Cataloging Repositories and Unique Collections: An Update on Standards, Preservation, and Usage
- ALA Annual Holdings Update Forum, Universal and repurposed holdings information -- Emerging initiatives and projects, Time: Saturday, June 25, 2011 4:00-5:30 pm Location: MCC (Morial Convention Center) – Room 355
- 2011 Midwinter ALCTS CRS Holdings Forum: Holdings information in Electronic Content
- 2010 ALA Annual Forum: Next Generation OPACs: Making the Most of Local Holdings Data
- 2010 Midwinter Forum: Exploring E-Book Holdings: Relevance and Standards
The Committee on Holdings Information consists of 4 members and 1 CONSER liaison appointed by ALCTS serving one- or two-year terms and led by a chairperson.
The Committee officially changed name from: Union List of Serials Committee to: Committee on Holdings Information in 2007. The name change was approved by ALCTS at Midwinter of 2007 and took effect beginning with ALA Annual Conference 2007.
ALA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on the CRS Holdings Information Committee. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out an application form. Appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1.