The ALCTS Publications Committee:
- Coordinates the ALCTS publishing and information dissemination activities
- Conducts regular assessments of the ALCTS Publishing outlets and recommends new modes of dissemination as needed
- Advises and assists the ALCTS Board with setting publishing priorities
- Identifies and maintains publishing standards for ALCTS publications
- Promotes and encourages research and publication in topics of interest to ALCTS members
- Works with Section publication committees and, as necessary, publication editorial boards, to review proposals and manuscripts, and recommend the most appropriate format for publication
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2011. Last retrieved on 05/26/2018. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
The Publications Committee consists of 5 members appointed by the ALCTS chair-elect, an intern, representatives from each ALCTS section, a board liaison, serving 2-year terms and led by a chairperson. The editor of LRTS, ALCTS News, LMPI, and the Monograph series serve as ex-officio members.
Established in 1957 at the request of the ALCTS Board.
ALA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on the ALCTS Publications Committee. Committee members must have an interest in the work of the committee; be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the committee; and be able to work between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect. Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out an application form. Appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1.