Membership is limited to the chief collection development officers of:
- the first 40 academic research libraries according to the ARL Investment Index (using a five-year average at the time of review);
- two non-ARL university libraries (Stanford University and California Digital Library);
- one public library which is an ARL member (NYPL);
- four national libraries (LC, NAL, NLM and Smithsonian); and
- representatives from ARL and CRL
Membership is reviewed every five years. (Last review completed in January 2014; next schedule review will be in 2019)
This group was formed by CMS.
ALA values committed and active members, but membership in this group is limited. See the "Composition" section above.