CMS Executive Committee
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2011. Last retrieved on 05/28/2015. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- Midwinter 2015 CMS Executive Committee minutes posted
- Minutes of CMS Executive and All Committees meetings ALA Annual 2014
- CMS Executive Committee and All Committees Agendas, June 29th, 2014, ALA Annual
- Draft Minutes from CMS Executive and Leaders Meetings - ALA Midwinter 2014
- FAQ for CMS Interest Groups
- CMS Executive and Leaders Minutes June 2013
- CMS Membership Survey Results Spring 2013
- ALCTS CMS Exec Virtual meeting Jun 4, 2013
- ALCTS CMS Exec & Leaders Minutes Midwinter 2013
- ALCTS CMS Exec & Leaders Agenda Midwinter 2013
The CMS Executive Committee leads the section and is comprised of the Section Chair, Chair-Elect, Past Chair, Secretary, and four Members-at-Large. The Executive Committee and section committees and interest groups meet at ALA Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings.
The Board on Acquisitions of Library Materials was created in 1951; in 1957 it combined with the former Division of Cataloging and Classification, the former Serials Round Table, and the former ALA Board on Resources to form the Resources and Technical Services Division; in 1973 the Resources Section formed by the merger of the RTSD Resources Committee and Acquisitions Section; the Collection Management and Development Committee (CMDC) became a Resources Section committee in 1973. Expanded to nine members from seven in July 1982. In 1991 the Collection Management and Development Section was constituted as a new section; and in 1991 the Resources Section became the Acquisition of Library Materials Section. Function statement revised June 1973 and July 1991. RTSD became ALCTS in 1989. CMDS was reorganized and renamed Collection Management Section (CMS) in 2010.
ALCTS values committed and active committee members. If you're involved with managing library collections, CMS needs you! Fill out a volunteer form at: http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/alcts/mgrps/howto/vol_form.cfm Our goal is to support librarians and library staff as they select, license, assess, and manage library content in all formats and in all types of libraries. Our committees and interest groups organize programs and discussion groups on a variety of topics; we invite you to attend a few and to suggest ideas for more. Contact the current CMS Chair-Elect (found by clicking the roster link above) for information on volunteering for CMS.