Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2011. Last retrieved on 11/24/2017. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- 2017 ALA Annual CaMMS CNIG Presentation Files Are Now Available
- "The Changing Metadata Arena and Its Practitioners" - ALA Annual 2017 ALCTS Cataloging Norms Interest Group Program Announcement
- Call for Proposal: ALA Annual 2017 ALCTS CaMMS CNIG program on "The Changing Metadata Arena and Its Practitioners"
- 2017 ALA Midwinter CNIG Presentation Files Are Now Available
- "Best Practices for Digital Repositories" - ALA Midwinter 2017 ALCTS CaMMS CNIG Program Announcement
- Call for proposals -- ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group -- ALA Midwinter 2017
- BIBFRAME Training at the Library of Congress: A Three-Module Training Curriculum
- ALA Annual 2016: ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms IG Program (Hyatt, Florida Ballroom C, Saturday 10:30-11:30 AM)
- ALCTS CaMMS Cataloging Norms Interest Group @ 2016 ALA Midwinter in Boston
- Cataloging Norms Interest Group
The Cataloging Norms Interest Group consists of two co-chairs and two vice-co-chairs serving one year terms. After co-chairs terms expire, vice-co-chairs succeed co-chairs positions.
Information to come.
ALA values committed and active members. Any ALA member is welcome to participate in this interest group. Members must have an interest in the work of the group and should be able to attend Annual Conferences and Midwinter Meetings to participate in the meetings and activities of the group. Work and discussion between conferences via e-mail and ALA Connect is also important. There's no need to register or apply to join this group—just be sure to join the group's Connect space. You are encouraged to contact the current chair to let them know that you've become a member.
The Cataloging Norms Interest Group is looking for two volunteers to serve as Co-vice Chair every year. After serving for one year as co-vice chair, they will become co-chair for following year. You are expected to attend the Midwinter Meetings and Annual Conferences during the time covered. If you are interested in the dynamics of cataloging norms and how they are changing in today's new digital and Internet environment, please submit your name, title and related experience to the incumbent co-chairs.