CaMMS Subject Analysis Committee
Displaying active committee roster as of 07/01/2015. Last retrieved on 11/20/2014. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- 2014 Annual - CaMMs SAC Agenda
- 2014 Annual - CaMMs SAC Presentation: Library of Congress Medium of Performance Thesaurus for Music (LCMPT)
- Subject Analysis Committee II
- Subject Analysis Committee I
- Midwinter 2014 - Report of the SACO/SAC Liaison
- Midwinter 2014 - Presentation - FAST: Subject Headings for the Semantic Web. Presented by Ed O'Neill, OCLC.
- Midwinter 2014 - Report of the Music Library Association
- Midwinter 2014 - LC liaison's report
- Midwinter 2014 - SAC Agenda
- Midwinter 2014 - Report of the American Association of Law Libraries
The Subject Analysis Committee consists of 9 members appointed from the membership at large serving 2-year terms and led by a chair. There are also 9 liaisons, 2 interns, and 2 representatives involved in the committee.
This group has a long history of addressing key subject analysis issues over the years. It has included working groups or task forces on the following issues:
- Authority Records for GSAFD
- Fiction Guidelines
- Form Headings/Subdivisions Implementation
- Library of Congress Classification Training Materials (Joint PCC SCT/CSS SAC Task Force)
- Library of Congress Subject Heading Revisions Relating to the Poor People's Policy
- Metadata and Classification
- Metadata and Subject Analysis
- Promote Subject Relationships/ Reference Structures
- Revision of the Guidelines on Subject Access to Individual Works of Fiction
- Semantic Interoperability
- SWOT Subcommittee
- Subject Analysis Training Materials
- Subject Reference Structures in Automated Systems
- Task Force on Named Buildings & Other Structures
- Subject Relationships/Reference Structures
ALA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to volunteer to serve on CaMMS Subject Analysis Committee. Members are expected to be active, to attend 3 out of 4 meetings of the committee during their two year appointment, and to become involved in various subcommittees or task forces Express your interest in serving on this or other committees by filling out an application form. Appointments take place once a year, during the spring. Committee service usually begins following Annual Conference, about July 1.
ALCTS Executive Director