CaMMS Executive Committee
Monitors the activities of the committees, interest groups, and task forces of the Cataloging and Metadata Management Section (CaMMS) using the ALCTS Strategic and Tactical Plan as a framework. Coordinates and communicates activities within the section, and with the Association for Library Collections & Technical Services and its sections and with the American Library Association. Communicates division and association plans and policies to the section. Provides general representation of section member interests. Plans and manages Midwinter and Annual forums on general topics relevant to the objectives of CaMMS.
Displaying active committee roster as of 10/22/2016. Last retrieved on 10/22/2016. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
Public Posts from ALA Connect
- CaMMS Forum, Annual 2016: Increasing Agility in Technical Services: Using the Agile Method for Project Management
- CaMMS Forum: Authority Work of the Future: Taking Controlled Vocabulary and Authority Control Beyond the Library Catalog
- Agenda: 2016 Midwinter ALCTS Cataloging and Metadata Management Section Executive Committee Meeting
- ALA Annual Meeting 2015 CaMMS Executive Committee agenda and documents
- Approve amended motion to approve revised job descriptions for CaMMS Members-at-Large and Secretary
- Approve memorial resolution honoring Ruth Carter, as revised during discussion
- Amend motion currently on the floor (to approve revised job descriptions for CaMMS Members-at-Large and Secretary) to refer to the amended document
- Executive Committee II (ALCTS CaMMS)
- Approve Midwinter meeting minutes, as corrected through the discussion process; final version.
- ALA Midwinter Meeting 2015 CaMMS Executive Committee agenda and documents
The CaMMS Executive Committee consists of 8 members: past-chair, chair, chair-elect, 1 secretary, 5 members-at-large (3-year terms that are staggered), and the ALCTS Executive Director (ex-officio).
Subcommittees & Task Forces
RDA Conference Forums and Programs Task Force
RDA Planning and Training Task Force
The Executive Committee was founded in 1957, when the section was formed.
ALA values committed and active committee members. Qualified members are welcome to run for election to serve on the CaMMS Executive Committee.