ALCTS Advocacy, Legislation & Issues
Many ALCTS members have an interest in what happens with LSTA (Library Services and Technology Act) funding, copyright, net neutrality, Library of Congress subject headings, etc., but don’t know how important it is to have a voice in the legislative process. ALCTS members, support your interests easily by capitalizing on ALA’s existing advocacy efforts.
Sign up for ALA’s District Dispatch newsletter.
Check for updates via these ALA web pages:
Access and Preservation of Government Information
- ALA and Congress re: Title 44 of the U.S. Code, the law governing the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) and the Government Publishing Office (GPO)
Appropriations (Library Funding through Legislation)
- 2017 YouTube recording: overview of the Federal budget and appropriations process
- ALA Appropriations Overview
Equity of Access and Scholarly Communication
- ALA Access Overview
- See also ALA Copyright Issues and Legislation (for Marrakesh Treaty, Orphan Works, technology acts)
- ALA Network Neutrality
- Network Neutrality on District Dispatch