2010 Annual Conference Programs
National Preservation Week: Pass It On!
Sunday, June 27, 8–10am
Build on ALA's first Preservation Week (May 9–15, 2010) to celebrate collecting, increase preservation savvy, grow audiences, and strengthen community partnerships. Learn how to help your patrons find information to preserve their collections—personal, family, and community, formal and informal—from antiques, art, and collectibles through books, photographs, recordings, and computer-age media. Speakers representing different types of libraries from around the country will share tools and stories from 2010 programs to help you plan for 2011.
- Jeanne Drewes is Chief, Binding and Collections Care Division, Preservation Directorate at the Library of Congress.
- Yvonne Carignan is Library Director and Head of Collections at the Historical Society of Washington, D.C.
- Virgilia Rawnsley is Training Consultant for Preservation Week at the New Jersey State Library.
- Ruth Shasteen is a Librarian at Central A & M High School.
- Karen Motylewski is Special Program Liaison for the Institute of Museum and Library Services to Library of Congress.
Sponsored by PARS. Cosponsored by PLA and AASL.