2010 Annual Conference Programs
Boot Camp for the 21st Century Metadata Manager
Monday, June 28, 8–10am
Next-generation OPACS, demand for instant access, outsourcing, and evolving standards – where’s a 21st Century Metadata Manager to turn for advice on running a Web 2.0, 24/7, flexible, multi-metalingual cataloging department? We will offer practical advice, based on direct experience, for facing the challenges of organizing information today. Topics will include collaborating across the library, preparing and creating metadata for a next generation OPAC, coping with changes in standards, and strategic selection of vendor cataloging products.
- Glen Wiley, Chief Metadata Librarian and Head, Metadata and Batch Processing Services, Cornell University
- Rebecca L. Lubas, Director of Cataloging & Discovery Services, University of New Mexico Libraries
- Robert Bothmann, Electronic Access/Catalog Librarian, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Elaine Westbrooks, Associate Dean, University Libraries, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Bonnie Parks, Technology and Catalog Librarian, University of Portland
Sponsored by CCS. Cosponsored by Online Audiovisual Catalogers.