Preconference at 2010 Annual Conference
Linked Data: Making Library Data Converse with the World
Thursday, June 24, 2010 | SOLD OUT
Semantic Web experts say that library metadata must be transformed into Linked Data so it can function in the broader web environment. What does this mean, and how urgent is it? What concrete steps will ensure that libraries are effective participants in the Semantic Web? Presenters will describe the principles of Linked Data and relate them to library-centered linked data projects. Attendees will participate in hands-on exercises to create linked data.
Cosponsored by ALCTS Metadata Interest Group.
- Jennifer Bowen, Assistant Dean for Information Management Services, University of Rochester—River Campus Libraries
- Karen Coyle, Digital Libraries Consultant, Karen Coyle Consulting
- Corey Harper, Metadata Service Librarian, New York University
- Diane Hillmann, Director of Metadata Initiatives, Information Institute of Syracuse
- Eric Miller, President, Zepheira, LLC
- Jon Phipps, Consultant, Metadata Management Associates
- Ross Singer, Interoperability & Open Standards Champion, Talis
- Ed Summers, Information Technology Specialist, Library of Congress