2008 ALCTS Preconference
Electronic Serials 101:
What I Wished I'd Known Before I Got in Over My Head
June 27, 2008 at ALA Annual Conference, Anaheim, California.
Sponsored by Taylor & Francis and Innovative Interfaces, Inc.
Electronic information has come of age, yet many organizations have yet to fully appreciate the new skill set needed to successfully cope with the complex nature of electronic serials management. This one-day preconference is designed to provide survival tips for those who find themselves drowning in e-information overload. Practical issues such as workflow, organizational structure and e-management tools will be covered, as will the roles of the various players in the e-serials information chain.
- Dan Tonkery, Vice President of Business Development, EBSCO Information Services
- Robert Boissy, Manager, Vendor Relations, Springer
- Jill Emery, Head of Acquisitions, University of Texas at Austin Libraries
- Tina Feick, Consultant (formerly with Swets Information Services)
- Dalene Hawthorne, Emporia State University
- Lisa Macklin, Emory University
- LITA/ALCTS Electronic Resources Management Interest Group
- RUSA MARS Education, Training and Support Committee
- LITA Education Committee
- ALCTS Acquisitions Section Education Committee
- ALCTS Electronic Resources Interest Group