ALA Midwinter 2016 is just around the corner, so get in the spirit and test your ALCTS knowledge with the ALCTS Trivia Contest. And then, while you're in Boston, have even more fun by participating in the ALCTS Photo Scavenger Hunt! Read on for details.
Starting Monday, January 4 through Thursday, January 7, ALCTS will post one trivia question at 2 p.m. EST daily, as well as a bonus question at 6 p.m. EST daily, to both Twitter and Facebook. You’ll have until midnight EST to follow the day’s question link to a Google Form and submit your answer. The correct answer for each question will be posted the following day along with the next trivia question. Please direct questions regarding the trivia contest to game organizer, Tim Kiser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For each question, everyone who answers correctly before midnight EST will have their name put in a drawing to win one of many fabulous prizes (i.e., if you answer every question correctly, your name will be put in 8 times; however, you can only win one prize). The drawing will be held at the ALCTS New Member Interest Group meeting at Midwinter, but you need not be present to win. Prizes will be redeemed through Julie Reese in the ALCTS Office.
- Grand Prize: Three-night hotel stay during the 2016 ALA Annual Conference in Orlando
- 2nd Place: Free individual registration for all ALCTS webinars held between January 15, 2016 and August 31, 2016
- 3rd Place: $225 ALCTS continuing education certificate to use towards one ALCTS preconference, two ALCTS web courses, or six ALCTS webinars
Photo Scavenger Hunt
Running from Friday through Monday of Midwinter (January 8–11), you can score points by snapping photos of all the great people, places, and things going on around you. Programs, meetings, booths, authors, Boston landmarks, and even fellow ALA-ers are on the photo list. Score the most points and you can win from our collection of fabulous prizes. Please direct questions regarding the photo scavenger hunt to game organizer, Casey Ann Mitchell at email@example.com.
You could win:
- Grand Prize: 2015 ALA Midwinter registration reimbursement
- 2nd Place: $50 Amazon gift card
- 3rd Place: ALCTS continuing education certificate Good for one individual registration to an ALCTS webinar
How to Play
- Snap photos of items from the scavenger hunt list.
- Post your photos to Flickr, Twitter, or Instagram, and TAG them with #alamw16 and #alctsgames. Don't split up your photos between the different social media sites as points will only be tabulated for one service per person (i.e., If you post half your photos to Twitter and half your photos to Instagram, only half your photos will count towards your score).
- If using Flickr, join the ALCTS at Midwinter 2016 Flickr Group and ADD your photos to the group.
- All photos must be easily identifiable (i.e. photos of people should include name badges, photos of places should include distinguishing features or signs, etc.) Adding a caption describing your photo would help us greatly when tabulating points.
The list of scavenger items to be photographed will be posted to the ANMIG ALA Connect page as well as the Flickr group discussion board. Winners will be decided by point totals and any ties will be broken by random drawing. All photos must be posted and, if using Flickr, added to the ALCTS at ALA Midwinter 2016 group by January 11 at midnight EST. Winners will be announced shortly after Midwinter and prizes will be redeemed through Julie Reese in the ALCTS Office.