an ALCTS Program
Saturday, June 23, 2012 | 01:30-3:30 PM
Content area: Transforming: Library Workforce
Drastic staff reductions and the continuous print to digital shift require a transformation of Technical Services (TS) to remain relevant. One effective approach is through growing IT skill sets within the department to become IT independent and to facilitate technology application. We will present strategies to overcome potential barriers.TS staff who have mastered IT skill sets will also describe how they are overcoming the "lost in translation" and related issues to support others moving in similar directions.
- Boaz Nadav-Manes, Director, Acquisitions & Automated Technical Services, Philosophy Librarian, Cornell University Library
- Lai-Ying Hsiung, Head of Technical Services, University Library, University of California, Santa Cruz
- Paul Gallagher, Associate Director, Discovery Services, New media and Information Technology, Wayne State University
- Gary Strawn, Authorities Librarian, Northwestern University Library
- Tasha Keagan, Library IT Analyst, University of California, Santa Cruz
Sponsored by the ALCTS Acquisitions Section Technology Committee. Co-sponsored (in name only) by the LITA Emerging Technologies Interest Group.