- 2:00 PM-3:30 PM (Eastern)
- 1:00 PM-2:30 PM (Central)
- 12:00 PM-1:30 PM (Mountain)
- 11:00 AM-12:30 PM (Pacific)
an ALCTS Virtual Preconference
At institutions where knowledge and ideas are shared, libraries should strive to make content accessible for all their users. Libraries need to be prepared and understand the requirements that are needed to meet the accessibility needs of patrons. This two-day virtual preconference will offer attendees a holistic view on how the many parts of an organization can work together to meet both the legal requirements and the students’ requirements for success. Perspectives, challenges, and recommendations will be shared to assist libraries in providing equal opportunities for all their users.
- Presentation 1: University EIT Accessibility Compliance: Southern New Hampshire University’s Action Plan for Electronic Information Technology Accessibility
- Presentation 2: Compliance or Bust: Accessibility, the Office of Civil Rights, and Seton Hall University Libraries
- Presentation 1: What’s in a Name? The Online Accessibility Center
- Presentation 2: Enabling Campus Student Success: Bridging the gap between IT and Disability Services
- Presentation 3: Striving for Accessible Content: It Takes a Village
- Participants will be able to identify strengths and weaknesses regarding accessibility within their own organizations to support student success.
- Participants will learn how partnerships are key to supporting content accessibility for students.
- Participants will receive tips and recommendations they can take back and apply in their organizations.
Who Should Attend
Accessibility stakeholders interested in the idea of promoting an inclusive education: disability services professionals, librarians, staff, publishers, academic professionals, discovery solution providers etc.
Kasey Fleetwood, ADA/504 Compliance Coordinator & Compliance Administrator, SNHU Office of General Counsel & Compliance
Cheryl Irvin, State Authorization and Compliance Administrator, SNHU Office of General Counsel & Compliance
Elizabeth Leonard, Assistant Dean, Information Technologies and Collections Services, Seton Hall University Libraries
Demita Furnner, Director, Online Accessibility Center, Southern New Hampshire University Online Accessibility Center
Aaron Flint, IT Director of Instructional Support Services, Southern New Hampshire University ITS Instructional Support Services
Jill Power, Senior Product Manager, User Experience and Platform, EBSCO Information Services
|ALCTS Member (individual)||43||69|
|Groups. Applies to group of people that will watch the webinar together from one access point.||129||206|
All webinars are recorded and the one-time fee includes unlimited access to the webinar recording. All registered attendees will receive the link to the recorded session so if you are unable to attend the webinar at the time it is presented, you will have the opportunity to listen to the recording at your convenience.
How to Register
Contact us to register:
Call 1-800-545-2433 and press 5 to reach our customer service representatives.
Computer with Internet access (high-speed connection is best) and media player software. Headphones recommended.
For questions about registration, contact ALA Registration by calling 1-800-545-2433 and press 5 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other questions or comments related to the webinars, contact Megan Dougherty, ALCTS Program Officer, Continuing Education at 1-800-545-2433, ext. 5038 or email@example.com.