a 2015 ALCTS Preconference
Friday, June 26, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. | event code: ALC3 | Register
Current discussion puts undue emphasis on the philosophy and technology of linked data. Yes, it's cool and demands to be played with. And yes, the library community is late to the party. But what is required for success besides an interesting idea?
Join us to explore ontology design and data modeling in the real world. Learn about the people, processes, metrics, and yes the technology, needed to succeed.
- Jenn Riley, Associate Dean, Digital Initiatives, McGill University Library
- Nannette Naught, VP, Strategy & Implementation, Information Management Team (IMT), Inc.
- Karen Smith Yoshimura, Program Officer, OCLC
- Steven Folsom, Discovery Metadata Librarian, Cornell University
- Laura Dawson (Moderator), Product Manager, Identifier Services, ISNI/Bowker/ProQuest
Non-IT library staff that have a general understanding of linked data, and are ready to engage further in learning and applying data modeling concepts that are central to using/creating linked data in a production environment. Some knowledge of XML and HTML will be assumed (although not required).
Register through the ALA Annual Conference website. Add this preconference to your conference registration or register for this preconference alone.
The price of this full-day preconference is:
- $219 for ALCTS members (remember to use promotional code ALCTS2015 to receive the discounted price)
- $269 for ALA members
- $99 for retired members and student members
- $319 for nonmembers
A continental breakfast and light refreshments during breaks will be provided.
ALCTS Cataloging and Metadata Management Section (CAMMS) Continuing Education Committee
Additional ALCTS Events at Annual Conference
For a listing of other conference events, visit the ALCTS conference website.