- 10:00 AM-6:00 PM (Eastern)
- 9:00 AM-5:00 PM (Central)
- 8:00 AM-4:00 PM (Mountain)
- 7:00 AM-3:00 PM (Pacific)
Journal subscriptions typically take up a majority of collection budgets for libraries, yet journals often get less attention than monographs and other library resources in terms of collection development. This e-Forum will focus on sharing best practices for selection and ongoing evaluation for this important component of library collections. Among other topics, we will cover developing criteria to evaluate journal renewals, the role of usage statistics in those decisions, communication with faculty or other constituents, analysis of packages, and more.
In this e-Forum, attendees will:
- Identify current trends in journal collection development
- Garner ideas for how to think differently about journal collections
- Improved understanding of metrics and other ways to analyze journal collections
- Learn about existing challenges as well as prepare for future changes
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in understanding more about or who is involved with collection development, serials and e-resources management, budgeting, and assessment.
How to Register
You must register your email address to subscribe to or access an electronic discussion list on ALA's Mailing List Service. Find instructions for subscribing online.
Once you have registered for one e-Forum, you do not need to register again, unless you choose to leave the list. Find instructions for unsubscribing.
Internet connection with email address. You can manage your subscription to this list following the online instructions.
For questions about registration, contact ALA Registration by calling 1-800-545-2433 and press 5 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other questions or comments related to the webinars, contact Megan Dougherty, ALCTS Program Officer, Continuing Education at 1-800-545-2433, ext. 5038 or email@example.com.