- 10:00 AM-6:00 PM (Eastern)
- 9:00 AM-5:00 PM (Central)
- 8:00 AM-4:00 PM (Mountain)
- 7:00 AM-3:00 PM (Pacific)
The technical work of acquiring and describing materials for library collections is often invisible, and can suffer from taking place in an insular world isolated from other library units and library users. When library workers engaged in technical services work understand the needs of the communities we serve and address those needs with our specific expertise, we are more engaged with our work. In turn, that work becomes more vibrant, vital, and valuable.
In this e-Forum, we will develop and exchange practical methods of turning outward, using lived experience and Libraries Transform resources. We will explore how turning outward can influence our daily work, help us build relationships and develop shared understandings, and empower us to be community leaders and change agents.
- Be familiar with Turning Outward Resources for Libraries from the Libraries Transform campaign
- Be able to develop and share strategies for turning outward, both individually and collectively
- Be able to effectively articulate the ways that technical services operations impact constituent communities
- Be able to develop strategies for constructing and leveraging shared understandings of institutional priorities and goals
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in communicating the value of technical services work both inside and outside the library. Technical services librarians and supervisors who want to create a more engaging and rewarding workplace may be especially interested.
How to Register
You must register your email address to subscribe to or access an electronic discussion list on ALA's Mailing List Service. Find instructions for subscribing online.
Once you have registered for one e-Forum, you do not need to register again, unless you choose to leave the list. Find instructions for unsubscribing.
Internet connection with email address. You can manage your subscription to this list following the online instructions.
For questions about registration, contact ALA Registration by calling 1-800-545-2433 and press 5 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other questions or comments related to the webinars, contact Megan Dougherty, ALCTS Program Officer, Continuing Education at 1-800-545-2433, ext. 5038 or email@example.com.