- 10:00 AM-6:00 PM (Eastern)
- 9:00 AM-5:00 PM (Central)
- 8:00 AM-4:00 PM (Mountain)
- 7:00 AM-3:00 PM (Pacific)
Special Collections and Archives material, as well as other non-traditional formats, pose many cataloging challenges. These include not only the changes in cataloging standards and platforms, but also the added complexity of documenting the uniqueness of the materials. This e-forum will address some of these concerns and provide a collaborative arena for discussion on the cataloging of Special Collections and Archives materials. Topics for this e-forum may include, but are not limited to, difficulties of cataloging non-traditional formats, methods for learning and implementing new specialized standards, and creating local policies and workflows.
This e-Forum was presented on May 22-25, 2018. For a complete summary of this session, view Present & Future Challenges of Cataloging Special Collections Material: e-Forum Summary.
- identified key issues and challenges in special collections/archives cataloging
- discovered training and professional development opportunities to help meet current and future challenges
- shared workflows and institutional policies for cataloging special collections/archives material
- learned how others in the field have addressed similar difficulties
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in the future of cataloging Special Collections & Archives and non-traditional formats is welcome to participate.
How to Register
You must register your email address to subscribe to or access an electronic discussion list on ALA's Mailing List Service. Find instructions for subscribing online.
Once you have registered for one e-Forum, you do not need to register again, unless you choose to leave the list. Find instructions for unsubscribing.
Internet connection with email address. You can manage your subscription to this list following the online instructions.
For questions about registration, contact ALA Registration by calling 1-800-545-2433 and press 5 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all other questions or comments related to the webinars, contact Megan Dougherty, ALCTS Program Officer, Continuing Education at 1-800-545-2433, ext. 5038 or email@example.com.