an ALCTS Workshop
March 22-23, 2006
Cosponsored by PALINET
This is a “Basics” workshop that will introduce participants to the responsibilities that make up collection development and management. Effective collection development and management is a collaborative process, therefore the workshop will combine interactive presentations with group activities.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Understanding collection development and management as a practice and an art
- Policy, planning, and fiscal management
- Selection: tools, techniques, criteria, and the selector’s knowledge base
- Managing collections: decisions about withdrawals, transfers, journal cancellation, preservation
- Marketing, outreach, community assessment, and liaison activities
- Collection assessment and evaluation
- Cooperative collection development and management
The impact of automation and electronic content on the practice of collection development will be woven through the workshop.
ALCTS or PALINET Member: $300
FEDLINK, SOLINET Member: $350
Dates and Locations
March 22-23, 2007
Developed and Presented by
Peggy Johnson, University of Minnesota
For more information contact Diana Bitting at bitting@PALINET.org.