The HARRASSOWITZ Award for Leadership in Library Acquisitions
Deadline for nominations is December 1.
This award, donated by HARRASSOWITZ Company and named in honor of Dr. Knut Dorn, is given to recognize the contributions by and outstanding leadership of an individual to the field of acquisitions librarianship.
- Nominees must have demonstrated leadership related to acquisitions librarianship, which has contributed significantly to improvements in the field.
- Nominees must have demonstrated achievement in the field of acquisitions as evidenced by one or more of the following:
- contributions to professional associations;
- contributions to the literature including research;
- contributions to the education of acquisitions professionals; and
- contributions to the advancement of the profession.
- Two letters of reference.
- Employees of the Harrassowitz Company are not eligible to receive the award.
Nominations shall include:
- Relevant biographical information, e.g., name, address, positions(s) held, place of employment, phone numbers, educational background;
- Statement of work and/or professional experience, professional activities, honors, and any other factors relevant to the nominee; and
- Two letters of reference, sent directly to the chair from the author, not via the nominee. The award may be divided among two or more individuals who have participated jointly in the achievement for which it is granted.
This award of $1,500 and a citation recognizes the individual achievement of a high order in the field of acquisitions librarianship.
The award is presented at the ALCTS Awards Ceremony each year at the ALA Annual Conference.
|2017||Kristen Wilson||2009||Trisha Davis||2001||Karen Schmidt|
|2016||Jim Mouw||2008||Karen Darling||2000||Frances C. Wilkinson|
|2015||Michael Levine-Clark||2007||Nancy Gibbs||1999||Carol Pitts Diedrichs|
|2014||Jenica P. Rogers||2006||Stephen Bosch||1998||Christian M. Boissonnas|
|2013||Rick Anderson||2005||Scott Wicks||1997||Katina Strauch|
|2012||Lisa German||2004||Kent Mulliner||1996||Joseph W. Barker|
|2011||Eleanor Cook||2003||Julia Gammon||1995||Carol E. Chamberlain|
|2010||no award given||2002||Rosann Bazirjian|