Deadline for nominations is December 1.
This award was established to honor the memory of Paul Banks and Carolyn Harris, early leaders in library preservation. The award will be given to recognize the contribution of a professional preservation specialist who has been active in the field of preservation and/or conservation for library and/or archival materials.
Criteria for selection of the winner will be determined by the person's accomplishments, as they relate to preservation leadership in such activities as:
- leadership in professional associations at local, state, regional or national level;
- contributions to the development, application or utilization of new or improved methods, techniques and routines;
- evidence of studies or research in preservation;
- significant contribution to professional literature;
- training and mentoring in the field of preservation.
Nominations shall include:
- name of nominee;
- a formal statement of nomination, with a brief rationale for the nomination;
- a resume or narrative career outline upon which the award jury can base its determinations.
Letters of endorsement are encouraged and should provide additional evidence of the worthiness of the nominee.
Nominations for persons not selected for the award in one year may be updated and resubmitted. Current employees of Preservation Technologies are not eligible.
The award consists of a $1,500 cash grant donated by Preservation Technologies, L.P., and a citation.
The award is presented during the American Library Association Annual Conference each year at the ALCTS Awards Ceremony and Membership Meeting.
For nomination information contact Jeanne Goodman, chair of the Paul Banks and Carolyn Harris Preservation Award Jury.
|2018||Nancy Kraft||2009||Barclay W. Ogden|
|2017||Karen Kiorpes||2008||Janet Gertz|
|2016||Ellen Cunningham-Kruppa||2007||Walter Henry|
|2015||Jeanne Drewes||2006||Gary L. Frost|
|2014||James M. Reilly||2005||Paul Conway|
|2013||Randy Silverman||2004||Jan Merrill-Oldham|
|2012||Julie Allen Page||2003||John F. Dean|
|2011||Roberta Pilette||2002||Ellen McCrady|
|2010||Michele Cloonan||2001||Sarah Buchanan|