Ross Atkinson Lifetime Achievement Award
Deadline for nominations is November 20.
This award honors the legacy of Ross Atkinson, distinguished library leader, author, and scholar, whose extraordinary service to ALCTS and the library community at-large serves as a model for those who follow.
The award is given to recognize the contribution of a library leader through demonstrated exceptional service to ALCTS and its areas of interest (acquisitions, cataloging and metadata, collection management, continuing resources, and preservation and reformatting).
Nominees must be ALCTS members. Criteria for selection of the winner will include:
- Recognized leadership in ALCTS and other professional associations at local, state, regional or national level;
- Significant contribution to professional literature;
- Exemplary research in areas of particular interest to ALCTS;
- Recognition of achievements, i.e., awards, citations, etc.
Nominations will be judged on the merit and quality of the nominee and not the quantity of materials submitted in support of their nomination.
Nominations shall include:
- the name, address, telephone number and e-mail address of nominee and nominator;
- a letter of nomination not to exceed two pages, with a rationale for the nomination;
- a curriculum vita of the nominee;
- up to five letters of support, not to exceed two pages each, providing additional evidence in support of the nomination. The number of letters of support received for a nominee shall not be a determining factor in the selection process; rather, the evidence of the person's accomplishments that they present shall be the factor considered.
Nominations for persons not selected for the award in any given year may be reconsidered in subsequent years provided the person still meets the award criteria above.
The award, sponsored by EBSCO, consists of $3,000 and a citation, given annually to one person. If a suitable candidate is not found in any given year, the award will not be presented that year.
The recipient will be notified no later than March 1 and an announcement will be made via press release from ALCTS.
The award is formally presented at the ALCTS Awards Ceremony during the ALA Annual Conference.
If you have questions, please contact the Chair of the Ross Atkinson Lifetime Achievement Award Jury.
|2016||Janet Swan Hill|
|2014||Olivia M. A. Madison|
|2013||Barbara B. Tillett|
|2008||Carol Pitts Diedrichs|
|2007||Brian E. C. Schottlaender|