The grant is not currently available. ALCTS seeks a sponsor for this grant program.
Library Support Staff Travel Grants (six to be awarded) make it possible for library support staff to attend the American Library Association (ALA) Annual Conference. The travel grants cover the expense of attending the conference, including airfare, three nights' lodging, and conference registration; up to $1,000 for each recipient.
The ALCTS Membership Committee will provide mentoring for each recipient. The ALCTS office will coordinate travel arrangements and registration.
Applicants must have:
- a full-time support staff position
- a minimum of three years of experience in an area of technical services (acquisitions, cataloging, collection development/management, preservation of library materials, serials)
- not previously attended an ALA Annual Conference or Midwinter Meeting
Applicants need not be members of ALA or ALCTS in order to be eligible.
Successful candidates will be required to submit a brief report describing their experiences at the Annual Conference. This report will be published in the postconference issue of the ALCTS Newsletter Online and also will be shared with the sponsor.
- a letter addressing the application criteria
- brief resume
- short statement (ca. 250 words) outlining why attending Annual Conference would be beneficial
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant’s supervisor and statement indicating the employer’s institutional support for the application also is required.
Applications and the supervisor's letter must be submitted in electronic format, with all parts emailed as Word attachments.
The deadline for nominations and supporting materials is November 30.
Recipients of the Award
Siu Min Yu
Lucretia "Trish" Peletier
Scott David Reinke
|2005||SAGE||Linda Christine Ericson
Heidi M. Jensen
Lydia C Williams