First Step Award
A Wiley Professional Development Grant
Deadline for nominations is December 1.
This Wiley Professional Development Grant awarded by the Continuing Resources Section of ALCTS is intended to provide librarians new to the continuing resources field with the opportunity to broaden their perspective and to encourage professional development in ALA Conference and participation in Continuing Resources Section activities.
- ALCTS member with five or fewer years of professional experience in the continuing resources field.
- Commitment to professional development in the serials field as evidenced by participation in continuing education activities, workshops, previous participation in professional activities,
- Candidate's written justification for the grant in terms of commitment to and interest in continuing-resources related work,
- personal and professional development, and
- financial need.
Completed applications shall be sent to the chair of the award committee by the deadline. Each application shall include:
- candidate's current resume or vita, and
- two letters of reference
The award consists of $1,500 cash and a citation. The award, donated by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., is applicable toward round-trip transportation, lodging, registration fees, etc. Eligible applicants may apply more than once.
The award is formally presented at the ALCTS Award Ceremony at the ALA Annual Conference.
For nomination information contact the Chair of the First Step Award Jury.
|2012||Beth Kumar||2011||no award given|
|2010||Rebecca Kemp||2000||Jian Wang|
|2009||no award given||1999||Charity K. Stokes|
|2008||Erin Leach||1998||Lauren E. Corbett|
|2007||Paula Webb||1997||Linda M. Pitts|
|2006||Patrick L. Carr||1996||Corinne C. Jacox|
|2005||Jennifer Arnold||1995||Gloria Guzi|
|2004||Vickie Melicher||1994||H. Charlene Chou|
|2003||Dianne Ford||1993||Christa Easton|
|2002||Susanna Flodin||1992||Kathy Wodrich Schmidt|
|2001||Allen B. Ashman|