New ALCTS Program
The ALCTS Transforming Collections Microgrant Program is designed to support and encourage innovative practices, emerging technologies, and innovation in collections. The microgrants are intended to support small projects or research initiatives in support of transforming collections. Two microgrants up to $1,500 will be funded annually.
- Microgrant proposals should include a statement describing how the project or research initiative supports transforming collections.
- The microgrant proposal is to include a clear and concise description of the project or research initiative.
- The microgrant proposal is to include a preliminary budget.*
- Microgrant proposals will be reviewed for their completeness, clarity, and statement of support of ALCTS efforts to foster innovation in collections.
- All ALCTS members in good standing are eligible to submit a proposal.
- Each microgrant proposal must have one designated principal investigator. Coprincipals are acceptable.
- Proposals are to be submitted to the ALCTS Transforming Collections Task Force by May 15, 2012.
- Microgrant proposals should be no more than one page in length.
- Microgrant recipients will be announced and microgrant information posted on the ALCTS web site by July 1, 2012.
- Each microgrant recipient will submit a brief midyear budget update and progress report.
- Each microgrant is to be completed within one year of notification of funding concluding with a concise report of finding, in any form appropriate, to the ALCTS Transforming Collections Task Force by June 30, 2013.
- Each microgrant report of finding will be distributed to the ALCTS membership.
*Budgetary items should not include travel, entertainment, or meals.