Election Results 2011
Election results are now available for ALCTS officers and councilors. Congratulations to the winners.
- Vice-President/President-Elect (2010- 2013): Carolynne Myall (Eastern Washington University)
- Director at Large (2010- 2013): Tim Strawn (California Polytechnic State -San Luis Obispo)
- ALCTS Councilor: Brian E. C. Schottlaender (University of California, San Diego)
- Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect (2010- 2013): James Dooley (University of California, Merced)
- Member at Large (2010- 2013): Robin Champieux (EBook Library)
Cataloging and Classification Section
- Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect (2010-2013): Erin Stalberg (North Carolina State University)
- Members at Large (2010- 2013): Zora Breeding (Vanderbilt University), Patricia Loghry (University of Notre Dame)
Collection Management and Development Section
- Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect (2010- 2013): Cory Tucker (University of Nevada, Las Vegas)
- Member at Large (2010- 2013): Brian Quinn (Texas Tech University)
- Secretary: Andrea Wirth (Oregon State University)
Continuing Resources Section
- Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect (2010- 2013): Jacquie Samples (Duke University)
- Member at Large (2010- 2013): Sion Romaine (University of Washington)
Preservation and Reformatting Section
- Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect (2010- 2013): Jacob Nadal (University of California, Los Angeles)
- Member at Large (2010- 2013): Stephanie Lamson (University of Washington)
2011 Award Winners
Plan on attending the ALCTS Awards Ceremony on Sunday, June 26, 5:30-7 pm, Morial Convention Center, Rooms 356-357. Congratulations to all the award winners! A listing of all the winners is provided in the March 2011 issue of ANO.
Edgar Jones and Christopher Cronin Elected to PCC Policy Committee
Edgar Jones (National University) has been elected to a three-year term as the new CONSER representative to the PCC Policy Committee. Chris Cronin (University of Chicago) has been elected to a three-year term as the new BIBCO representative to the PCC Policy Committee. Their terms will commence October 1, 2011.
ALCTS Publications Update
Help has arrived for anyone responsible for acquiring video for a library collection. Guide to Video Acquisitions in Libraries: Issues and Best Practices by Mary S. Laskowski has just been released by ALCTS Publishing. The latest title in the ALCTS Acquisitions Guides series provides basic best practices supported by review and selection tools, a glossary of video formats, and an annotated short list of vendors. Guide to Video Acquisitions in Libraries: Issues and Best Practices by Mary S. Laskowski, ALCTS Acquisitions Guides No. 15, 60p 6" x 9" softcover ISBN-13: 978-0-8389-8575-5. Available now in the ALA Online Store (http://www.alastore.ala.org/detail.aspx?ID=3419).
Also available are the first two chapters of The Institutional Repository: Benefits and Challenges, edited by Pamela Bluh and Cindy Hepfer. Institutional Repositories: The Promises of Yesterday, The Promises of Tomorrow by Greg Tananbaum and Approaches to Marketing an Institutional Repository to Campus by Marisa Ramirez and Michael D. Miller are each available in the ALA Online Store as .pdf files for $9.