Key Actions from ALCTS Board
ALA Midwinter Meeting 2009, Denver
- Voted to reappoint Peggy Johnson to a second four year term as LRTS Editor.
- Approved the ALCTS Education Committee revised committee charge.
- Voted to reappoint Lois Chan to the IFLA Standing Section Committee on Knowledge Management.
- Approved the nomination of Qiang Jin to the IFLA Cataloging Section Standing Committee.
- Voted to accept the application of the Missouri Library Association Technical Services Interest Group to become an affiliate of ALCTS.
- Approved the establishment of a liaison relationship between the ALCTS Networked Resources and Metadata Interest Group and the Music Library Association's Bibliographic Control Committee, Metadata Subcommittee.
- Approved the ALCTS 2009 Election slate of candidates as proposed by the Nominating Committee.
- Approved the 2009 nominees proposed by the various ALCTS award juries. No award will be presented for the First Step Award and the Outstanding Collaboration Citation.
- Voted to move the Banks/Harris Award currently administered by ALCTS to PARS starting with the 2010 award.
- Approved the minutes for three sessions of the ALCTS Board of Directors from the 2008 ALA Annual Conference in Anaheim.
- Voted to accept the Fiscal Year 2009 first quarter budget report in two parts, narrative and financials.
- Approved the 2010 preliminary budget.
- Voted to accept the Administrative Report of the Executive Director dated January 9, 2009.
- Adopted the ALCTS Conflict of Interest Statement of January 3, 1990.
- Voted to approve renewal of the following interest groups: Catalog Form and Function, the Networked Resources and Metadata, Publisher-Vendor-Library Relations, Technical Services Managers and Directors, and MARC Formats (a joint ALCTS/LITA interest group).
- Voted to reauthorize the Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA).