Midwinter 2007 Reports
Key Actions from ALCTS Board, Midwinter Meeting 2007, Seattle
Front row, left to right: M. Dina Giambi (Director-At-Large), Linda Phillips (Chair, Collection Management and Development Section), Mary Beth Weber (Editor, ALCTS Newsletter Online), Katherine L. Walter (Director-at-Large), Pamela M. Bluh (ALCTS President-Elect), Bruce Chr. Johnson (ALCTS President), Rosann V. Bazirjian (ALCTS Past-President), Cheryl A. Kern-Simirenko (Planning and Budget Assembly), Nancy E. Kraft (Chair, Preservation and Reformatting Section), Elaine Yontz (Chair, Council of Regional Groups).
Second row, left to right: David P. Miller (Chair, Cataloging and Classification Section), Trisha L. Davis (Chair, Acquisitions Section), Nancy Jean Gibbs (Chair, Planning Committee), Emily J. McElroy (Chair, Serials Section), Karen D. Darling (Director-At-Large), Dale S. Swensen (Chair, Organization and Bylaws Committee), Diane Dates Casey (ALCTS Councilor), Charles Wilt (Executive Director).
ALCTS Board 2006–2007
- the new description of the ALCTS Paper Series Editor and the creation of a Paper Series Editorial Board.
- the report of the Non-English Task Force.
- the Fiscal Year 2007 first quarter budget report in two parts, narrative and financials.
- the Administrative Report of the Executive Director.
- the recommendations of award recipients forwarded by the awards juries.
- the proposed revision of the ALCTS bylaws to remove section names from Article X.
- a motion to appoint a task force to explore the changing role of the Library of Congress and the impact on the profession and our organization.
- the preliminary 2008 budget as presented by the Budget & Finance Committee.
- the appointment of Anne Sleeman to the position of ALCTS Paper Series Editor.
- the publication Perspectives on Serials in the Hybrid Environment by Harriet Lightman and John P. Blosser.
- the creation of the Ross Atkinson Lifetime Achievement Award to honor the legacy of Ross Atkinson.
- Adopted the ALCTS Conflict of Interest Statement of January 3, 1990.
- Endorsed the slate of candidates for the 2007 election as presented by the Nominating Committee.