Letters from ALCTS
From the Editor
Mary Beth Weber, Editor
The ALA Midwinter Meeting will take place in Seattle in about four weeks. This issue of ANO contains a great deal of information about events that will take place during the meeting. It also contains our regular calendar of events (the “Looking Ahead” feature). I am very pleased with the variety of conferences, meetings and events included in the calendar. There are national, international and regional events—something for everyone.
Here are highlights from this issue:
- The “Announcements” section includes Midwinter Meeting schedules. There are a number of Interest and Discussion Group meeting announcements that cover a variety of topics. There will be a symposium (“Definitely Digital”) and nine forums (RDA, Non-English Access, Disaster Recovery, to name a few) during the meeting, plus the Volunteer Forum.
- Join us for events that commemorate ALCTS 50th Anniversary, including the 50th Anniversary Forum and a special Member Reception to officially kick off the 50th Anniversary celebration. Take time to complete the 50th Anniversary survey, and there is still time to contribute to the 50/50 Campaign.
- Read Ruth Carter’s “My ALCTS Experience” column. It will inspire and motivate you!
- A new ALCTS Planning Database will be unveiled at Midwinter. See the “News” section for details.
- I have also included an “Apply for Awards” feature in the “Announcements” section for scholarships and awards that will be of interest to ALCTS Members.
I look forward to attending the Midwinter Meeting in Seattle. There will be so many great events, plus I enjoy meeting other ALCTS members.
In closing, I want to thank those individuals who sent me information for this issue of ANO. I welcome your submissions, and encourage you to continue sending them!
One final note—my photo for this column was taken in front of Seattle’s Experience Music Project, an interactive museum. Experience ALCTS and experience Seattle!