LRRT Ingenta Research Award
Ingenta Research Award Now Available
The Ingenta Research Award is given annually by ALA's Library Research Round Table (LRRT) to support research projects about acquisition, use, and preservation of digital information.
Example areas of research include:
- The analysis of online journal usage data to develop conclusions and predictive models which may be used by libraries and publishers in determining future behavior
- An investigation of the issues surrounding institutional archiving, particularly costs, preservation and securing the participation of faculty
- A study of information seeking behavior of readers and/or authors
- The development of future models for verifying the relative usefulness of publications
Other topics related to digital publications will also be considered.
Applications are welcome from practicing librarians, faculty and students at schools of library and information science, and independent scholars.
The Ingenta Award Jury will evaluate applications on the basis of the following criteria:
- Appropriateness of the proposed project to understanding of seeking and use of digital information;
- Significance of the problem;
- Design of the study;
- Qualifications of the investigator(s); and
- Realism of the timetable.
The grant consists of up to $6,000 for research and up to $1,000 for travel to a national or international conference to present the results of the research. Expenditures must directly support research; the award does not cover indirect costs or overhead.
To apply, send:
- Proposal of no more than 6 double-spaced pages that provides overall statement of the project; relation of the project to previous research; research questions; method/plan of investigation; timetable for the work; significance of the project; and plan to disseminate the results;
- Budget (1 page); and
- Curriculum vitae (2 pages).
All submissions must be received before Friday, March 31, 2007. Email confirmation will be sent within two days of receipt. Email the proposal, budget, and curriculum vitae to Denise Davis. Check the ALA Office for Research and Statistics web site for more information about the award.