Volunteer for ALA and Council Committees
ALA President-elect Dr. Loriene Roy is seeking applications and nominations for appointments to 2007-2008 ALA and Council committees.
Slots are available on the following committees:
- American Libraries Advisory
- Budget Analysis and Review
- Chapter Relations
- Constitution and Bylaws
- Council Orientation
- Human Resource Development and Recruitment Advisory
- Information Technology Policy Advisory
- Intellectual Freedom
- International Relations
- Literacy and Outreach Services Advisory
- Membership Meetings
- Orientation, Training, and Leadership Development
- Policy Monitoring (current Council members only)
- Professional Ethics
- Public and Cultural Programs Advisory
- Public Awareness
- Research and Statistics
- Rural, Native and Tribal Libraries of All Kinds
- Scholarships and Study Grants
- Status of Women in Librarianship
- Website Advisory
- ALA-Children's Book Council (Joint)
- ALA-Association of American Publishers (Joint)
- and ALA-Society of American Archivists-American Association of Museums (Joint).
Additional information on committees, including charges, is available in the ALA Handbook of Organization.
All applicants must complete and submit the electronic 2007-2008 ALA Committee Volunteer Form. The deadline for submission is December 4, 2006.
Geographical location, type of library, gender, ethnicity, previous committee work (not necessarily with ALA), ALA and related experience, and other factors are considered when the committee slates are compiled in order to ensure broad representation and diversity on all committees.
The ALA Committee on Committees and Committee on Appointments will assist Dr. Roy in making appointments. Committee appointees will receive appointment letters after the 2007 ALA Midwinter Meeting in Seattle. Appointees will begin their committee service after the 2007 ALA Annual Conference in Washington, DC.