Diane Dates Casey, ALCTS Councilor
Council completed its work by 11 a.m. on June 28, and adjourned 90 minutes ahead of schedule. Henriette Avram and Ross Atkinson were honored by the Council; the ALCTS memorial resolutions were distributed at the Monday Membership Meeting and Council III.
Some of the resolutions passed by Council include:
- Restoration of funding to EPA libraries
- Support access to government-sponsored published research findings
- Adequately fund all federal libraries
- Actively advocate for effective and enforceable network neutrality as telecommunications reform legislation proceeds in Congress
- Advocate on behalf of the E-rate and universal service.
I reported that the ALCTS Board had received the report of the Task Force on Non-English Access, and promised to keep Council apprised of any action ALCTS takes regarding the document.