ALCTS Schedules Awards Ceremony and Membership Reception in Chicago
Please join your fellow members of ALCTS as we honor the recipients of the 2005 division awards at an awards ceremony on Sunday, June 26, to be followed by our membership reception. Both events will be at the Palmer House; the ceremony will be from 5-6 p.m., in the Adams Ballroom, and the reception from 6-7 p.m. in the Red Lacquer Room.
- Paul Banks and Carolyn Harris Preservation Award
Paul Conway, Director, Information Technology Services, Duke University
- Best of
Kristin Antelman, "Identifying the Serial Work As a Bibliographic Entity." LRTS, 48, no. 4 (October 2004): 238–55.
- Blackwell’s Scholarship Award
Peggy Johnson, Fundamentals of Collection Development & Management, American Library Association, 2004.
- Bowker/Ulrich Serials Librarianship Award
Dan Tonkery, Director of Development, Ebsco Subscription Services.
- First Step/Wiley Professional Development Grant
Jennifer J. Arnold, Library Manager, Harper Campus, Central Piedmont Community College, Charlotte, N.C.
- Leadership in Library Acquisitions Award
Scott B. Wicks, Head, Acquisitions, Bibliographic Control and Documents, Cornell University
- Margaret Mann Citation
Dorothy McGarry, Librarian Emerita, University of California, Los Angeles.
- Esther J. Piercy Award
Terry Paul Reese, Cataloger for Networked Resources, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR
- Support Staff Travel Grants
- Linda Christine Ericson, Library Assistant, Consortium Library, University of Alaska, Anchorage, AK;
- Heidi M. Jensen, Library Assistant, Pioneer Library System, Canandaigua, NY;
- Lydia C. Williams, Archives and Records Manager, Greenwood Library, Longwood University, Farmville, VA
- ALCTS President Carol Pitts Diedrichs will award Presidential Citations to:
- Dina Giambi
- Miriam Palm
- Lori Robare
- ALA Production Services
Congratulations to all the winners of these prestigious awards!