ALCTS Newsletter Online editor is looking once again for members to write summary reports on our division's pre-conferences and programs in Orlando for the August
Newsletter. These summaries allow all members to benefit from the events our division is sponsoring at Annual Conference. Both veteran and novice reporters are encouraged to volunteer for these assignments. If you'd like to be a reporter in Orlando, here's what you need to do:
- Select a program or pre-conference from the list of
ALCTS programs in this issue.
- Send an e-mail message to the editor,
Miriam Palm, and indicate which event you'd like to cover. You'll get a prompt reply to let you know if your program is available, but it's a good idea to include alternate choices in case the one you're most interested in happens to be taken.
- Attend the program or preconference and take good notes!
- Write up a brief report (300 words for programs, 500 for preconferences) including names of speakers, topics covered, and whatever other aspects you think important: major points of emphasis, conclusions reached, audience response, and so on.
- Send the report by e-mail (as a message or attached file-either is fine) to
Miriam Palm no later than
July 31, 2004.