Key Actions from ALCTS 2003 Midwinter Meeting Board Meeting
Observations from a Library School Student
ALCTS Holds Midwinter Symposium "Managing Electronic Resources: Meeting the Challenge"
Reception Held at Midwinter
ALCTS Holds Series of AACR2 2002 and Metadata Regional Institutes
International Summer School on Digital Library
Calendar of Events
Following are the key actions, in summary form, taken by the ALCTS Board of Directors during the 2003 ALA Midwinter Meeting in Philadelphia. Routine actions, such as adopting agendas and approving minutes, are not included.
- Accepted the slate of candidates submitted for the Spring 2003 election
- Accepted the recommendations of the eight ALCTS awards committees
- Accepted the recommendations of the International Relations Committee to fund international travel
- Approved the Publications Committee's recommendation that ALCTS
Guide to Out-of-Print-Materials be published through a non-ALA publishing house
- Approved the preliminary FY2004 Budget, with the proviso that it will change as specific expenses and revenue become available
- Accepted the proposed language enabling creation of Interest Groups at the ALCTS division and section levels as a Bylaw amendment. This proposal will be on the spring 2003 ballot for membership vote
- Accepted the Program Committee's recommendations for a symposium for Midwinter 2004 and pre-conferences for Annual 2004
- Approved co-sponsorship in name only of the RUSA Program "One-Stop Metasearch Tools: Friendly Time Saver or Confusing Quagmire?
- Approved co-sponsorship with the Program for Cooperative Cataloging of the CCS Task Force to Develop Name and Title Authority Training.
Left to Right: Laura Sill, Planning Committee Chair; Dan Kinney, CCS Publications Liaison; Rosann Bazirjian, Acquisitions Section Chair; Bruce Johnson, ALCTS Council Representative; Brian E.C. Schottlaender, ALCTS Vice President; Olivia Madison, ALCTS President
Left to Right: Carolynne Myall, Serials Section Chair; Sharon A. Roberts, Council of Regional Groups Chair; Miriam Palm,
ALCTS Newsletter Online Editor, Jane Treadwell, ALCTS Director-at-Large; Bonnie MacEwan, Collection Management & Development Section Chair; Julian Jacob Stam, Preservation Section Chair