To develop and manage a program session for ALA Annual in Chicago 2020 that will serve as the President’s Program for ALCTS, LLAMA, and LITA collectively. The program topic will highlight synergies and mutual interests between divisions.
Displaying active committee roster as of 10/19/2019. Last retrieved on 10/19/2019. Members can log in to view full contact information for committee members.
- Identify possible speakers for review/prioritization by the three division presidents.
- Confirm financial contributions from each division.
- Recruit, confirm, and maintain communication with main speaker and panelists.
- Work with ALCTS Fundraising Committee to identify and confirm sponsors, if necessary.
- Work with staff on marketing/communication for the program.
- Work with staff on program script and other onsite logistics.
Expected Time Commitment:
12-15 hours annually, to include regular virtual meetings and other work on deliverables In-person attendance at ALA Midwinter Meeting or Annual Conference is not required
Desired skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Knowledge of or interest in current topics of concern to members of all three divisions, including an awareness of recent authors and their publications on such topics.
- Experience identifying/working with potential library event sponsors a plus.
- Access to funding upon request and review
- Virtual meeting support
- Support for program marketing, logisitcs, etc.