A committee is a group with long-term objectives so closely interwoven with the total program and development of policy of the Association that it should have a continuing life. The need for the committee should be permanent and continuous.
At the Division level, committees are considered committees of the Board and are constituted to advance and advise on the affairs of the Association. These committees direct crucial areas of the "business" of ALCTS, whether programmatic, publishing, or operational.
The Division Committees:
- Budget & Finance - representative
- Education - representative
- Executive Committee of the Board - ex-officio
- Fundraising - at-large
- International Relations - at large
- Leadership Development - at-large
- LRTS Editorial Board - representative
- Membership - representative
- Organization & Bylaws - representative
- Planning - representative
- Program - representative
- Publications - representative
A joint committee develops and carries out programs of mutual interest, exchanges information, or discusses matters of mutual concern across ALA. ALCTS participates in a number of joint ALA committees.
- Hugh Atkinson Memorial Award
Section and CRG Committees
The sections and CRG may establish such committees as they feel necessary to conduct the business of the section or CRG. These committees are listed under each section's and CRG's Web page.
At the Division level, committees may be at-large or representative. At-large committee membership is drawn from the membership at-large. A representative committee's membership is drawn partly from appointments from each section and CRG and partly at-large. The composition of each division committee is noted in the list of division committees.