The Spectrum Scholarship Program is dedicated to providing an inclusive, welcoming, and harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, national origin, and/or religion. Please refer to our Community Guidelines for more information.
Share Your News
Get a new job recently? Love the job you have? Transformed library services lately? Published a paper? Won a scholarship or award? Presented at a conference? Changed the world? We love highlighting all accomplishments from all Scholars! Share personal updates or promote your fellow scholars by emailing email@example.com. Visit the Scholars News section to learn more about your amazing fellow Spectrum Scholars.
- Spectrum Scholars are invited to stay in touch with each other through two email lists, firstname.lastname@example.org is open to the full community of Spectrum Scholars past and present as well as doctoral fellows and email@example.com is for the exclusive use of the current class of Spectrum Scholars. Both lists are private and only for Scholars but groups/individuals may request that information be shared with the Spectrum Community by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholars can manage their ALA email list subscriptions by visiting http://lists.ala.org/sympa or emailing email@example.com.
- Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/alaspectrum/
- Follow us on Twitter @ala_spectrum | #alaspectrum and check out information on joining our periodic Twitter Chats
- Spectrum maintains an open to all Facebook Social Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/409456795771279/
- Join the open to all ALA Connect Community for Diversity Scholars - open to all
- Join the open to all LinkedIn group
Meetups & Events
- Anyone looking to connect in person can use the Spectrum Event Planning Form to share information about what conferences you plan on attending and/or if you are interested in getting to know Scholars in your area through a meetup or social outing.
- Visit our Spectrum Calendar to learn more about upcoming events.
As part of ALA's commitment to creating a scholarship program that supports Scholars throughout their careers, we partner with library organizations to offer ongoing professional development that provides additional opportunities for Scholars' leadership in the profession.
Opportunities for Scholars:
- ACRL's EJ Josey Spectrum Mentoring Program for academic librarianship. If you are interested in serving as a mentor, please apply.
- Ongoing list of MLIS Scholarship Opportunities
- Access to recordings of webinars through Spectrum and its home unit, ALA's Office for Diversity, Literacy and Outreach Services
- Access to recordings of webinars hosted in partnership with other organizations
- "Recruitment, Retention, and Experiences of Art Library Professionals" hosted by Spectrum and the Art Libraries Society of North America (ARLIS/NA) Professional Development - Education Subcommittee
With over 1100 Scholars, the Spectrum community is ever-growing! Use this map to find Scholars who have submitted their information for inclusion, reach out to others in the community, and connect with peers. Spectrum Scholars who have voluntarily provided their contact information appear in the map/community directory below. If you are a Scholar and wish to be represented, email firstname.lastname@example.org.