Privacy Tool Kit 9 of 9
The American Library Association has developed policies, guidelines, and resources to assist librarians in preserving privacy and confidentiality for library users.
Privacy and Confidentiality Policies, Procedures and Statements
Policies and Statements about the Patriot Act and Law Enforcement Inquiries
- The USA PATRIOT Act background
- The District Dispatch on the USA PATRIOT Act
- Resolution on the Use and Abuse of National Security Letters On the Need for Legislative Reforms to Assure the Right to Read Free of Government Surveillance
- Confidentiality and Coping with Law Enforcement Inquiries: Guidelines for the Library and its Staff PDF (last updated 2004) http://www.ala.org/offices/oif/ifissues/confidentiality
- FBI in Your Library http://www.ala.org/offices/oif/ifissues/fbiyourlibrary
- Resolution on the USA Patriot Act and Related Measures That Infringe on the Rights of Library Users (CD #20.6 2005 ALA Annual Conference) http://www.ala.org/aboutala/sites/ala.org.aboutala/files/content/wo/refe...