E-rate & Broadband
- One-year anniversary of ConnectHome in American Libraries’ blog, The Scoop.
- New Lifeline broadband subsidy to be available 12/2—but options limited for now
- OITP on National Broadband Research Agenda
- ALA makes recommendations to FCC on Digital Inclusion Plan
- ALA reply comments to FCC in the matter of restoring internet freedom
- ALA, ARL, EDUCAUSE oppose “end run” to limit FCC net neutrality authority
- ALA, ACRL, ARL, COSLA file network neutrality amicus.
- ALA and libraries win the day on net neutrality.
- ALA applauds decision upholding net neutrality protections.
- LCA submits comments to the U.S. Copyright Office requesting renewal of 1201 exemptions for the print disabled, video game preservation, and the use of video by educators and researchers.
- LCA writes a letter to the United States Trade Representative (USTR) calling for the inclusion of copyright exceptions in the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) as well as intermediary safe harbors and a strong international exhaustion exception based on U.S. law.
- LCA calls for additional copyright limitations in H.R. 3301, the Compensating Legacy Artists for their Songs, Service, and Important Contributions to Society Act (the CLASSICS Act).
Coding and Computational Thinking
- Careers for America's Youth in the Digital Age < libraries / ready to code >
- Ready to Code: Connecting Youth to CS Opportunity through Libraries (PDF)
- Libraries work toward #CSForAll during CS Education Week
- White House highlights Libraries Ready to Code for CSEdWeek
- Coding in libraries is not just for experts
- Getting #ReadytoCode During #CSEdweek
- ALA, Rosen Publishing release new “Libraries Ready to Code” video
- And what a #CSEdWeek it was
- ALA submits comments to the Republican and Democratic Party Platform Committees.
- OITP releases entrepreneurship white paper
- ALA hosts National Policy Convening.
- OITP releases report offering practical advice about adopting 3D printers in libraries.
- ALA, Benetech holds program at SXSWedu on 3D printing and educational equity.
- OITP comments on Copyright Office’s Section 1201 3D printing rules.
- OITP releases report urging policymakers to include libraries in 3D printing initiatives and policy discussions.