In the coming weeks, congressional leaders will decide on investing in libraries across the country. Check out this infographic about the path to federal funding and where ALA advocates can act along the way.
Contact your members of Congress today and urge them to protect library funding. Let them know how important these centers of literacy, access, lifelong education and learning are to your community.
The time to act is now. Make your voice heard.
Has your Representative signed?
Check our LSTA and IAL letter trackers below to see if your Representative has signed this year of if they have signed in the past.
Have your Senators signed?
Check our LSTA and IAL letter trackers below to see if your Senators have signed this year of if they have signed in the past.
Help us tell Congress the best library story: yours
ALA, IMLS, state library agencies and many others inside and outside of government have lots of data about the impact of libraries. But nothing will move and motivate your local member of Congress and senators to support library funding like hearing your story about how federal library funding for LSTA, IAL or any other source has made a difference in your library, school, and community.
Want to do more?
- Stay up to date. Read the latest funding news on District Dispatch and register for action alerts as soon as they are issued.
- Invite members of Congress to visit your library so they can see the great work you're doing with support from IMLS. Check out these great tips for organizing a visit.
- Tell your story. Write a letter to the editor or share your story with our Washington Office, who can hand deliver it to your member of Congress.
- Post about the impact of IMLS funding in your library or state. Tag your story with #FundLibraries.
- Not sure how IMLS funding is used in your state? Use this IMLS database to find out.
- Add a Twibbon or Facebook frame to your profile.
Facebook Frame: Facebook.com/profilepicframes and search "American Library Association."
- Use these overlay images to add the #FundLibraries hashtag to your photos:
Fund Libraries - I Love Libraries 1200 x 1200 px
Fund Libraries - 1200 x 1200 px
- Post these Fund Libraries graphics
Facebook Share | Facebook Cover Art
Twitter Share | Twitter Cover Art
- FY 2018 Senate LSTA Letter - May 25, 2017
- FY 2018 Senate IAL Letter - May 25, 2017
- FY 2018 House LSTA Letter - April 6, 2017
- FY 2018 House IAL Letter - April 6, 2017
Don't see what you need? Tell us.