Library Campaign Training Institute
A Free Advocacy Webinar Series
Developed and presented by Libby Post of Communication Services, the LCTI teaches attendees how to create, market, and implement an effective advocacy campaign for your library. This webinar series aired in July and August of 2016. Links to the recorded sessions are available.
Part 1: Building your Base
This workshop makes the connection between program and services outreach and building a library's base of support for advocacy. This workshop details:
- Using recent research as well as preparing public service return on investment calculations.
- How to map a community.
- Options for program development - examples used are the Recreation market and local elected officials.
- Connection between customer service and advocacy.
- Use of social media.
- Managing data.
- Using volunteer messengers.
This workshop provides participants with the knowledge needed to:
- Create a campaign plan.
- Recruit volunteer leadership.
- Detail roles and responsibilities.
Part 3: Message, Marketing, & Media
This workshop walks participants through:
- How to develop a campaign message using values and emotional branding.
- Integrating that message into campaign outreach.
- Public presentations.
- Using the media to advance the message.
Part 4 + 5: Connecting with YES Voters + Get out the Vote
This workshop details the nuts and bolts of a library field operation including:
- Targeting through using enhanced voter files.
- Phone Banking/Direct Mail/Social Media/Email/Voter Tracking
This workshop brings the previous four together with the ultimate goal of reaching out to Yes voters and getting them to the polls.