National Library Legislative Day (NLLD)
National Library Legislative Day is a two-day advocacy event that brings hundreds of librarians, trustees, library supporters, and patrons to Washington, D.C. to meet with their members of Congress rally support for library issues and policies. Participants will receive advocacy tips and training, along with important issues briefings prior to their meetings.
*Please note that new advocate training will be held on May 1st during briefing day this year.
Due to increased interest in National Library Legislative Day 2017, we have reached capacity on registration. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com or sign up to participate online.
To make reservations at the Liaison Hotel:
- Hotel registration closed on March 30, 2017
- Click here to book online (Please select your arrival and departure) - the code for online registration is: ALA017
- Call toll free 1-888-513-7445. Be sure to reference the American Library Association group when making reservations, or provide the Reservation ID: American Library Assn - National Library Legislative Day
- Please Note: If you are planning on booking nights outside our room block (May 1-2), you must book the additional nights separately in order to take advantage of the discount.
Participating from home?
- Register for Virtual Library Legislative Day
- 2017 NLLD Schedule
- 2017 NLLD Issue Briefs (as of 4/21/17) (pdf)
- 2017 NLLD Promotional Flyer (pdf)
- 2015 NLLD Video
- NLLD 2016 Photos
- 2015 ALA Legislative Scorecard
- NLLD posts on District Dispatch
- An Insider's Perspective on NLLD 2015
- One advocate's experience at NLLD 2016
- Advocacy Spotlight
- A North Carolina Story