10. Package the data and use it to prove your value
Brag about your results! Create and share Ideas for using results in advocacy efforts (poster, letters to legislators, etc.)
We came up with a few ideas to get you started:
20 Easy Ways to Make Snapshot Success Work for Your Library
- Use the quotes and comments that you collected in your annual report.
- Feature your participation and your customers in your next newsletter.
- Share your results with your board
- Put a Snapshot button on your website and link to the Flickr photo group.
- Make a slideshow of the Flickr photos and run it in the library near the check out desk.
- Make bold signs with your customer comments and display them throughout the library.
- Share the People Need Libraries, Libraries Need You handout with your trustees, commission, city council, freeholders, etc.
- Take the People Need Libraries, Libraries Need You handout when you visit schools, senior centers, community agencies, and any kind of outreach.
- Customize the model handout (add your own stats, logo, etc.)
- Welcome new library card holders with your custom handout.
- Send an email blast to your customer list or community contacts featuring customer quotes.
- Let your Friends group know about your participation in Snapshot.
- Sign up for the Tell Your Story statewide marketing campaign sponsored by the NJ State Library and NJLA.
- Develop your own slide show or web page featuring the comments and photos.
- Ask if your town website can feature the slideshow.
- Ask your local cable station if they can use the slideshow.
- Ask your local newspaper to run a photo and caption. Provide the customer's name and phone number if you have permission so they can contact them for an interview.
- Attend one of the Tell Your Story workshops to learn how to turn customer testimony into compelling stories.
- Design an 11 x 17 poster in color and print several copies "in house".
- Print even more copies and share them with your customers.