4.5.j.1 Evaluating Your Efforts
Evaluation simply means looking your goal and deciding how well you accomplished it and whether or not your methods were effective ones. This is important because knowing what frontline advocacy activities succeeded on behalf of your academic library and knowing why (and what didn’t work and why) will help you know where to spend your time and resources in the future.
Pull your Frontline Advocacy Team together and ask yourselves the following questions:
1. Did we accomplish our goal?
2. What were the most effective activities we undertook?
3. Why were these successful?
4. What clearly did not make very much impact?
6. What did we learn that surprised us?
7. What would we do differently next time?
8. How are we going to share our evaluation with the rest of the library staff?