A well-staffed, adequately funded school library media program is an integral component in a student’s education. Through these programs, students develop the all important learning for life skills, as well as an appreciation for the written and spoken word, and visual image.
School Library Program Talking Points
- Students achieve more academically when their teachers and school librarians plan and deliver instruction collaboratively. | more
- Students are more likely to be successful academically if they have the benefit of library programs led by a state-certified school librarian. | more
- Students’ academic success is fostered by a well-funded school library program. | more
- Students are more successful academically when their teachers benefit from professional development opportunities offered by their librarian colleagues. | more
- Disadvantaged students have a better chance of succeeding academically when they attend schools with strong library programs. | more