Women's Leadership Institute
December 2-4, 2014
Ritz Carlton, Laguna Niguel in Dana Point, California
Co-produced by members of the Council of Higher Education Management Association
About the Institute
ACRL is excited to once again collaborate with other higher education associations on the 2014 Women's Leadership Institute. Be a part of a special program for women seeking to become leaders in higher education administration and student affairs. Co-produced by several higher education associations, this unique program will bring together administrators from across campus functions. Learning outcomes include:
- A stronger community of practice among women in the college and university environment
- Personal and professional growth through reflection and both general and concurrent sessions
- Team-building and leadership development
- Empowerment for women to pursue higher level positions in their respective fields
Presentations, structured wellness time, and small group discussions will emphasize problem solving strategies for college and university leaders.
What Participants Have to Say:
- “The workshop was fantastic—well-organized, informative, and thought-provoking—thank you!
- “I loved the fact there is an all-women institute. I appreciated the variety of ages and years of experience in the delegates.
- “What made this conference valuable was the interaction with other participants and personal time to reflect and rejuvenate.
- "This is the best conference I have ever attended."
What You Will Learn:
- To effectively utilize key leadership skills: negotiation, communication, introducing and managing change, developing yourself and others, and creating effective work environment
- To develop your greatest strengths and talents through a highly regarded personal assessment tool
- To recognize and appreciate the roles, responsibilities, and perspectives of a broad range of higher education professionals
- To build relationships and improve goal achievement when working with people from across campus
- To help your institution respond successfully to the unique challenges of today
Who Should Participate:
The program is designed for women who aspire to become senior leaders in higher education. Current responsibilities should include administrative functions that regularly require decision making that affects departmental operations and involves other important relationships on campus.
Complete details about the program are available online.
After Nov. 26
How to Register
Registration materials are available online. Registration fees include general session and breakout sessions, program materials, an opening reception, dinner, lunches, brunch, and two continental breakfasts. There will be group activities to allow participants to refocus after sessions, but there are many other activities you can do on your own. If you have any registration questions, please contact WLI registration services at email@example.com.
Lodging and Transportation
Lodging is provided by the beautiful Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel, in Dana Point, Calif. The associations have negotiated a deeply WLI West room discounted rate of $175 for this conference for either single or double occupancy. The resort offers many amenities including spa and golf and complimentary access to the fitness center overlooking the ocean. You are within a stone's throw of the beach, and the resort offers complimentary coffee and water for morning beach walkers. There is a fitness center available for no charge, but the spa also offers a wonderful experience, which participants get a 10% discount on services. Complete details are on the WLI housing webpage.
Contact Margot Conahan at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call 312-280-2522.