Women's Leadership Institute
December 3-6, 2013
Amelia Island, Florida
Co-produced by members of the Council of Higher Education Management Association
About the Institute
ACRL is excited to once again collaborate with other higher education associations on the 2013 Women's Leadership Institute. Be a part of a special program for women seeking to become leaders in higher education administration and student affairs. Co-produced by several higher education associations, this unique program will bring together administrators from across campus functions. Learning outcomes include:
- A stronger community of practice among women in the college and university environment
- Personal and professional growth through reflection and both general and concurrent sessions
- Team-building and leadership development
- Empowerment for women to pursue higher level positions in their respective fields
Presentations, structured wellness time, and small group discussions will emphasize problem solving strategies for college and university leaders.
What Participants Have to Say:
- “The workshop was fantastic—well-organized, informative, and thought-provoking—thank you!
- “I loved the fact there is an all-women institute. I appreciated the variety of ages and years of experience in the delegates.
- “What made this conference valuable was the interaction with other participants and personal time to reflect and rejuvenate.
- "This is the best conference I have ever attended."
What You Will Learn:
- To effectively utilize key leadership skills: negotiation, communication, introducing and managing change, developing yourself and others, and creating effective work environment
- To develop your greatest strengths and talents through a highly regarded personal assessment tool
- To recognize and appreciate the roles, responsibilities, and perspectives of a broad range of higher education professionals
- To build relationships and improve goal achievement when working with people from across campus
- To help your institution respond successfully to the unique challenges of today
Who Should Participate:
The program is designed for women who aspire to become senior leaders in higher education. Current responsibilities should include administrative functions that regularly require decision making that affects departmental operations and involves other important relationships on campus.
Complete details are available online.
|Membership Category||Early-Bird Registration: Nov. 1||Regular Registration: Nov. 15||Late Registration:
After Nov. 15
How to Register
Registration materials are available online. Registration will close when event reaches capacity or Tuesday, Dec. 3, whichever comes first. If you have any registration questions, please contact WLI registration services at email@example.com.
Lodging and Transportation
Lodging is provided by the beautiful Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island, at a deeply discounted rate of $165 for this conference for either single or double occupancy. Complete details are on the WLI housing webpage.
Contact Margot Conahan at firstname.lastname@example.org; or call 312-280-2522.